May 4, 2008

Luck of the Irish

Just a quick note before bed. Today was two-sided. We went out to practice our greek and didn't end up using much of it. It was sunday and obviously the profit potential of being open on sundays hasn't reached this continent; they'd rather lounge in a cafe and have a good time.

We went for the cheap bakery breakfast and lunch but then couldn't find an open deli or grocery store to supplement our bread. The beach however was fantastic the water was clear and colder than Dasha expected (I've been in the mediteranean in march and it was freezing) but the clouds slowly chased us away (we haven't made a sacrifice yet so it makes sense).

On our way to find a cheap place to eat I got lucky with a giant pidgeon poop on the back of my shirt and as Dasha commented between fits of laugher "it's gigantic and green and that means you are really lucky". Let's hope it was worth it. We ended up with some cheap food but it was terrible and decided that our under 10 euro meal the first night was rare and that sometimes a few extra dollars will be worth it.

We will work on our greek tomorow at the tourist office and the acropolis. We also decided to stay one more night before exploring. It's just too much fun!

Thanks for all your good wishes. It's 23:30 so off to bed!

2 comments:

Janelle said...

Guess it's was your turn to get shat on by a pigeon! Remember how hard you laughed when I got crapped on when I was 10 while we were camping in the Okanagan? I am glad Dasha was able to return the favor :P Hopefully you were luckier then I was... I don't think we went to Francos that night :(

Anonymous said...

The real adventure is just starting! Ancient history and architecture, fellow travellers and culture shock... If everything's closed Sunday, it's probably the same from noon to 2 or 3PM - makes it tough to have a late start to the day. Funny how a bag of peanuts or a chocolate bar can replace a meal in a pinch! Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, adventures, events and activities with the rest of us, Stéphane and Dasha. Take care. Love - XOXOX Maman